- Liberty Property Trust Sells Legacy at Fallbrook Office Building [Realty News Report]
- NewQuest Properties To Break Ground on Second Phase of Katy Grand Retail Center This Spring [Houston Chronicle]
- New Restaurants, Salon Slated for Greenway Plaza [Houston Chronicle]
- Leeland House Opens in Former Arlo’s Ballroom Space in East Downtown [Culturemap]
- Houston Residents Can Weigh In on $12B Houston-to-Dallas Bullet Train Plan at Feb. 5 Meeting [Houston Chronicle]
- A Look at the Unofficial Plans for the Bullet Train’s Dallas Station [Houston Public Media]
- Rice University’s Jim Blackburn: Houston Needs to ‘Really Get Serious’ About Flood Regulations [Click2Houston]
- National Weather Service Time-Lapsed Radar Imagery Shows Harvey’s Path in Under 30 Seconds [Houston Chronicle]
- A Review of Harvey Relief Funding and Spending 5 Months After the Storm [The Texas Tribune]
- Some 300,000 Children in the Houston Area Displaced by Harvey Still Waiting To Return to a Stable Home [Houston Public Media]
- A Houston Film Company Is Promoting a Movie About Hurricane Harvey [abc13]
- Last Texas Blockbuster Video Store Closes Its Doors [Houston Chronicle]
Photo of H-E-B under construction at 5130 Cedar St., Bellaire: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Re: Photo of H-E-B under construction at 5130 Cedar St.- Beautiful! Go HEB!!
Harvey impacted 600,000 children in the Houston Area and 300,000 are still displaced? The Greater Houston Partnership estimates 180,000 homes flooded. The Census estimates that there are 2.44 million housing units in Houston Metro and 1.75 million children under the age of 18. This means 0.72 children live in homes in Metro Houston. Sure, this will be different depending on the neighborhood or apartment property. Children at Risk is suggesting 3.33 children live in each affected home. That’s difficult to believe.
Bullet train terminal, noun: a very large parking garage, bisected by a train platform.
@skooljunkie, if these numbers are calculated the same way HISD does, it’s garbage, if children live with extended family or on less than 6 month lease, or spend time between homes (divorced parents etc) they ALL count them as displaced. Pretty much if the child doesn’t have two parents and own a home outright, they don’t count them as “stable”.