- UTMB Planning $82M Expansion of Victory Lakes Specialty Care Center [Galveston County Daily News]
- Hines To Announce New Multifamily Project ‘Near Upper Kirby, River Oaks Areas’ [Houston Chronicle]
- Sovereign Tower Developer Aiming for Pedestrian-Friendly Apartment Complex [Culturemap; previously on Swamplot]
- Ashby Highrise Battle Influences Memorial, Sugar Land Protests [Houston Chronicle]
- Repairing a Frank Lloyd Wright-Inspired Home Along Sims Bayou [Houston Chronicle]
- Transportation Officials Considering Freeway Roundabout Around Downtown [Houston Chronicle]
- Houston Home To 4 Of TxDot’s 10 Most Congested Highway Stretches [Hair Balls]
- Highway Tolls Going Up 25 Cents, 10 Cents for EZ Tag Users Starting This Saturday [Click2Houston]
- Armed Lifeguard Officers To Patrol Galveston Beaches Another Year [Galveston County Daily News]
- Pay No Attention to the Brown Leaves; Relocated Ghirardi Compton Oak in ‘Great Shape’ [Galveston County Daily News]
- Space-Tech Cameras May Help Spot Wildfires [KUHF]
- West Nile-Infected Mosquitoes Could Be on the Decline, Say Officials [KUHF]
- Buc-ee’s a Finalist in Contest for Most Popular Restroom [Newswatch]
Photo of MD Anderson’s Zayed Building, 6565 MD Anderson Blvd.: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Re the Hines multi-family, I’m guessing the corner of W. Alabama and S. Shepherd that currently houses Ruchi’s, Roeder’s, a dry cleaner, and a nail salon, as well as the couple of empty lots to the west on W. Alabama and a couple of houses on the south side of the block that I think are owned by Jamail and/or SHEPHERD ALABAMA LLC.
A quick search shows that SHEPHERD ALABAMA LLC owns the properties on the corner of S. Shepherd and W. Alabama and the corner of S. Shepherd and Sul Ross, the four properties on W. Alabama west of S. Shepherd, and one property in the middle of the Sul Ross block. Jamail/Garvis owns the Sul Ross property immediately west of S. Shepherd. The handful of properties on Sul Ross in between Jamail/Garvis and SHEPHERD ALABAMA LLC appear to be owned by individual owner-occupants.
Previously on Swamplot:
the project at shepherd/alabama has been previously announced before though. not sure why they’d still be keeping it wrapped up at this point since it’s no secret.
No, that’s not the location.
So the new official time table for Regent Square is 10 YEARS to complete????????
Cafe Adobe site… paying stupid psf… Numbers will never make sense. What do they care – fee the hell out of dumb money…