- Old Doctor’s Hospital Near West Parker, North Freeway Abandoned Since Ike Torn Down [abc13]
- Fire Destroys $1M Home in The Woodlands [Houston Chronicle]
- Galveston Wants To Take Control of 600 Acres of East End Flats from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Pizaro’s Pizza Importing 8,000-Pound Wood-Burning Stove from Naples for Second Location [29-95.com]
- Group Makes Bid To Return Auto Racing to Galveston [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- TxDOT Planning Reversible Toll Lanes To Connect Texas 288 to Medical Center [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- League City Might Cancel Criticized Project To Add Medians, Turn Lanes to FM 518 [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Oil Firm Proposes Massive Seismic Study That Would Include Santa Fe, Hitchcock, La Marque, Texas City, Galveston Island [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- ‘Monopoly Houses’ Providing Alternative to White, Stucco-Clad Boxes in Houston [Arts + Culture Magazine; previously on Swamplot]
- Huntsville Recycling Yards Works Out of Office Made from Recycled Materials [Houston Chronicle ($); previously on Swamplot]
- Central, South, Gulf Coast Texas Architecture Subject of New Book [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- Gary Tinterow: Houston Not as Active a Tourist Destination As It Could Be [Arts + Culture Magazine]
Photo of Texas Department of Transportation at Washington near I-10: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Here’s hoping that Pizaro’s new location is not as deeply depressing as their current location.
The pizza is superb and I would patronize them a lot more often if they were not situated in such a decrepit strip shopping center.
Don’t see the hype with Pizaro’s. Their pizza is good don’t get me wrong, just don’t think they deserve all the hype.