- METRO Holding More Meetings for Input on Draft Regional Transit Plan [Houston Public Media]
- Pride Wall at Jenni’s Noodle House on E. 20th St. Vandalized [Houston Chronicle]
- Austin Chain Hat Creek Burger Company Announces 3 Houston-Area Locations in 2019 [Culturemap]
- Developer Breaks Ground on 14-Story Apartment Tower Near West Loop on Westcreek After 3 Years of Delays [Houston Chronicle]
- UH-Downtown Debuts City’s First-Ever Gaming Center [Houston Public Media]
- Katy’s Grand Lakes Residents Protest Proposed Cell Tower [Houston Chronicle]
- Tiki-Themed Christmas Cocktails Pop-Up Takes Over Lei Low Through Dec. 30th [Culturemap]
- Federal Report Officially Claims Hurricane Harvey Worsened by Climate Change [Houston Chronicle]
- North Carolina Kitchen Cabinet Company To Open Houston Distribution Center [HBJ]
- NASA’s Robotic Geologist InSight Expected To Touch Down on Mars this Afternoon [abc13]
- Houston’s Small Business Administration Guaranteed $1.1 Billion in Loans in Most Recent Fiscal Year [Houston Chronicle]
- A Dozen Houstonians Made the Forbes 400 List of Richest People in America [HBJ]
Photo of Houston skyline from Bell St.: elnina via Swamplot Flickr Pool
Re: Pride Wall
Trump supporters. Wonder what they think of immigrants!? What’s their stance on Muslims?
If only there was enough spray paint in the world to deface the oppressive “straight agenda”.
I’ve only eaten there a couple of times, but I thoroughly enjoyed the food at Jenni’s on each occasion.
Perhaps it’s time to go back.
HIBTK: I’m not a trump supporter but I am very much in favor of a border wall (of which we have lots already, which no one seems to protest it’s existence). And I can share my feelings.
Personally I think we should 2x (at least) the # of legal immigrants we allow in. And after securing our border, if we decide we need to raise it still, then I’m fine with it. Most conservatives I know very much support the flow of people in and out and understand the value of legal immigration. What pisses me off personally is when I say I’m against illegal immigration and someone replies “why do you hate immigrants?”. Not sure how many ways I can say “I don’t” and “I think we should bring in more”. I just want them here legally so they can be better integrated, have a better shot at success, and we know who they are. You can be pro immigrant AND pro border protection.
In regards to ‘stance on muslims’, it’s harder to answer as I’m not sure what’s actually being asked. But in general I support anyone practicing, openly, whatever religion they want.