- Transwestern: Houston Industrial Market Ends 2017 with Strong Absorption, Low Vacancy [HBJ ($)]
- Houston Saw the Best Job Growth in 3 Years in 2017 [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- Industrial Site Clay Rd. Commerce Park Planned Just East of Grand Pkwy. [Houston Chronicle]
- Roans Prairie Selected as Only High-Speed Train Stop Between Houston and Dallas [Houston Chronicle ($); previously on Swamplot]
- The Breakfast Klub’s Marcus Davis Soft Opens New Restaurant Kulture Next to GRB [Eater Houston]
- Holman Draft Hall Now Open in Midtown [Culturemap; previously on Swamplot]
- Weights + Measures Reopens in Midtown After MLK Day Fire [Culturemap]
- Galveston City Council To Consider Porretto Beach Abandonments [Galveston County Daily News ($)]
- Montrose Management District Stops Providing Neighborhood Services [Houston Chronicle]
- Preservation Houston’s 2018 Good Brick Winners [Houston Chronicle]
- 180 Pounds of Marijuana Seized from Cypress Grow House [Click2Houston]
- Winter Storm Set Record for Texas Power Demand [HBJ]
- Houston Public Works Receives Flood of Investigation Calls Last Week During Winter Storm [abc13]
- Researchers Looking Into Why Sargassum Seaweed Winds Up on Galveston Beaches When It Does [Houston Public Media]
- Wildlife Specialist Called To Evict Bats from Alvin Walmart [abc13]
- Proceeds from Video Game ‘World of Warships’ Helping Preserve Leaky Battleship Texas Anchored in Ship Channel [Houston Public Media]
Photo of Project Row Houses, Holman St., 3rd Ward: Swamplot inbox
Re: Drug bust. This is what happens when conservative Christians outlaw marijuana. Does the Lord really talk about weed? Some reason I don’t think God focuses that much on weed. How about the fatal DUI wrecks every weekend? Jesus wants death to happen? Jesus likes when a mother of 3 is killed in a DUI wreck?
Ban alcohol or make weed legal. Damn politics. It doesn’t make sense!
@HEBisbetterthanKroger, don’t worry the tide has turned and became a tsunami all over the country, Colorado, California etc, even Louisiana is thinking of legalization. The Christian principles of hypocrisy and living in fear are well on their way out, they have been losing in court of public opinion and the Supreme Court for decades.
@HEBisbetterthanKroger there is no Phillip Morris or Anheuser-Busch for weed. Plus booze and tobacco were commercialized in Europe, while weed was viewed as ‘exotic’ from brown places. Explains most of our current policy