- Post Properties Demolishing Abandoned former Holiday Inn, Hotel 31 on East Side of West Loop Just North of Richmond To Build 390 Luxury Apartments [Real Estate Bisnow]
- 8-Level Midrise Apartment Plus 17-Story Residential Tower Now Going Up One Block West of Highland Village Shopping Center [Houston Business Journal; previously on Swamplot]
- Developer Bought 25 Acres for New Stratton Woods Development 2 Years Ago, After Hearing About New ExxonMobil Campus 2 Miles North [Houston Business Journal]
- Slideshow: The Most Expensive Homes Sold in Houston Last Year [Houston Business Journal]
- Galveston Cruise Ship Now Offering ‘Virtual Balconies’ with Real-Time Ocean Views in Windowless Rooms — for an Upgrade [Houston Chronicle]
Photo of North Boulevard: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
The balconies may be virtual, but the norovirus is still real
As cheesy as it might sound to some, I think the virtual window idea is a great one for cruise ships or windowless rooms in hotels. For best results, it should be a live feed from the camera 24/7; not video sometimes or other things.
I don’t think it should replace windows for natural light in dwelling units or offices mind you, just hotels and cruise ships.
The next step for me is a virtual cruise, where I turn my bedroom into a virtual cruise stateroom and just watch a video of the cruise experience on my TV.
I wonder where they got their data for the top most expensive homes sold last year… Because I know two properties not on it (that went for more than the lowest on that list)