What use is keeping it around if you’re not really going to love it?
- Aztec Casting, 4724 N. Main St. 77009
- Aztec Castings, 4780 N. Main St. 77009
- 2304 Jensen Dr. 77026 (5th Ward Place)
- Alliance Residential, 710 S. Hwy. 6 77079 (Bldg. A)
- 5512 Michaux St. 77009 (garage and fence)
- 412 W. 30th St. 77018
- 5 Briarwood Ct. 77019
- 301 W. Polk St. 77019 (Alden Place)
- 3814 Chevy Chase Dr. 77019 (River Oaks)
- 6729 Kittridge St. 77028
- 1506 Jacquelyn Dr. 77055 (new construction by Chippendale Ventures; photos)
- 7514 Janak Dr. 77055 (new construction by Trend Homes; photos)
- 9314 Saddle Ln. 77080
Photo of 5 Briarwood Ct.: HAR
5 Briarwood Ct: I wonder if St John’s is spreading north, also. That property would make a nice glebe.
That house in RO was just renovated and now they’re going to bulldoze it? Typical of Houston. Though I fairness this is a huge lot in a very prestigious part of RO, so this was probably inevitable, but what a waste of a great house. I’m sure they care about as much as the Arnold’s did when they tore down the gorgeous Birdsall Briscoe’s Norman style Dogwoods on Lazy Lane.
At least Mr. Nau is pretty generous in giving back to the community. But, wow. What a Dickensian teardown.
I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie, “yo holmes, smell ya later”
From the US State Department website:
In November 2001, John L. Nau, III was appointed by President George W. Bush to a four-year term as Chairman of the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation. He also serves as the Chairman of the Texas Historical Commission. A position appointed by the Governor of Texas that he has held since 1995.
“Historic Preservation”? I don’t think those words mean what you think they mean.
Wow, that is ironic. Preservation, until I want a bigger mansion, then bye bye love. Lol, and no I highly doubt this property will be an expand ok of St Johns.
The metal roof of Aztec’s big building has been disappearing steadily in recent weeks. Aztec did fine work and it’s a shame it’s going away.