Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Another week, another bunch of bashes.
- Wesley Community Center, 1200 W. Dallas St. 77019
- Silver Cloud Massage, 1202 W. Dallas St. 77019
- 1214 W. Dallas St. 77019 (Freedman’s Town Historic District; 3 structures)
- Real Life Christian Center, 3635 Almeda Genoa Rd. 77047 (Minnetex Place)
- Domain West Apartments, 611 N. Dairy Ashford St. 77079 (Ashford Estates Apartments; Bldgs. 1–4)
- Wisteria Gardens, 611 N. Dairy Ashford St. 77079 (Ashford Estates Apartments; Bldg. 5)
- Primera Iglesia Pentecostal de Jesus Cristo, 10216 Raymondville Rd. 77093 (Bldg. B)
- 2620 Ruth St. 77004 (new construction by Mayberry Homes)
- 1614 Bingham St. 77007 (Baker NSBB; photos)
- 921 W. 24th St. 77008 (new construction by Home Front Builders)
- 924 Alexander St. 77008 (West Heights; new construction by Fisher Homes)
- 3141 Crandon St. 77026 (Oak Park)
- 5322 Lynbrook Dr. 77056 (Tanglewood; new construction by Lily Charles Homes)
Photo of 5322 Lynbrook Dr.: HAR
New construction three blocks east of 288? There really is a boom.
Those buildings on West Dallas came down this weekend—certainly makes the area look much nicer. Its all brand new apt complexes and townhouses, seemingly. Now all it needs is a few better bars and restaurants and it will be “hip” (the Refinery doesn’t count–worst service anywhere).