Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Demolition is not a goal – it’s a by-product of a life well lived.
- Fourplex, 1535 Michigan St. 77006 (Cherryhurst; new construction by Amal Properties, LLC; photos)
- Busby Park, 6700 Hirsch Rd. 77016 (Houston Parks Department; other building(s))
- Public Storage, 9811 North Freeway 77037 (Airline Farms)
- Fondren Professional Building, 10600 Fondren Rd. 77096 (Fondren Southwest Northfield; new Buzzy Bee)
- 842 W. 20th St. 77008 (Houston Heights; photo)
- 900 W. 20th St. 77008 (Shady Acres Extension; photo)
- 1106 Grovewood Ln. 77008 (Timbergrove Manor)
- 1503 Sue Barnett Dr. 77018 (Garden Oaks; photos)
- 14319 Kellywood Ln. 77079 (Nottingham Forest; new construction by McGuyer Homebuilders-Coventry)
Photo of 1535 Michigan St.: Redfin
Going down as I type. Less affordable housing, and another obnoxious box coming to the neighborhood. BOOOOO!!!
Glen: Sadly it’s really really hard to keep a small multifamily up and running. Between the rules from CoH and property taxes, most owners throw in the towel.
Which rules specifically make it hard?