Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
Here come the groceries. There go the houses.
- Mudtech Laboratories, 5310 Milwee St. 77092
- Compass Bank, 4939 Beechnut St. 77096 (Meyerland Plaza Shopping Center; previously on Swamplot)
- 16 Sunset Blvd. 77005 (Shadyside; garage only)
- 7622 Moss Rose St. 77012 (Berkley Place)
- 1626 Chippendale Rd. 77018 (Oak Forest; more info)
- 2 Plantation Rd. 77024 (Whispering Oaks; photos)
- 4047 Tartan Ln. 77025 (Ayrshire; photos)
- 3201 Merrick St. 77025 (Southern Oaks)
- 5130 Del Monte Dr. 77056 (La Casa Condo; photos; more)
- 6914 Keller St. 77087 (Pecan Park)
- 9726 Cliffwood Dr. 77096 (Willow Meadows; photos)
Photo of Compass Bank: Swamplot inbox
Here come the groceries…there go the houses? Don’t get it…
2 Plantation is near the center of this mess (August 31, 2017):
Any info on the Gary L Herod memorial and tree in front of the bank? I grew up in that area and went to Herod Elementary. His sacrifice was baked into the neighborhood lore and his widow even visited the school once when I was there. I hope the memorial stays in place.