Swamplot’s Daily Demolition Report lists buildings that received City of Houston demolition permits the previous weekday.
A former wheel repair shop is pulled out of rotation, plus some Rice Military turnover:
- Hub Cap City Wheel Repair, 4011 Pinemont Dr. 77018 (Rosslyn Heights Acres Homes)
- CMC Granite & Tile, 4013 Pinemont Dr. 77018 (Rosslyn Heights Acres Homes)
- 304 Asbury St. 77007 (Rice Military; photos)
- 411 E. Cowan Dr. 77007 (Crestwood)
- 10107 1/2 Wallisville Rd. 77013 (Reels & Trobough; photos)
- 6222 Jefferson St. 77023 (Simms Woods; photos)
- 2911 Ashwood St. 77025 (Knollwood Village; photos)
- 5630 Dolores St. 77057 (Westheimer Estates)
- 14519 Oak Bend Dr. 77079 (Ashford Forest; photos)
Photo of 304 Asbury St.: HAR
As I have long observed, pretty soon the only remaining example of the original housing stock of the greater Rice Military neighborhood will be the Beer Can House.
Those overhead photos tell a story.