Eli’s going. Better hide your house, girl.
- 4400 Eli St. 77007
- 4401 Eli St. 77007
- West End Recycling, 4403 Eli St. 77007 (Koehler)
- Digital Greenspoint, 12231 North Fwy. 77060 (parking lot)
- 2115 Hadley St. 77003 (photos)
- 3009 Rosalie St. 77004
- 3330 Oakdale St. 77004 (Southwood; garage only)
- 1023 Waverly St. 77008
- 8117 Wier Dr. 77017
- 1146 Kinley Ln. 77018 (new construction by Build-1)
- 1725 Du Barry Ln. 77018 (new construction by Perry Homes; photos)
- 5102 Jason St. 77096 (photos)
Photo of 3009 Rosalie St.: HAR
Lightnin’ Hopkins has a song called “Mr. Ditta’s Grocery Store” about a store that was supposedly at the corner of Bastrop and Hadley…just a block away from those shotgun houses. The grocery store is unfortunately long gone.
What are they demolishing at 5102 Jason? It’s a vacant lot!
Anse – You are correct about Lightin’ Hopkins and the Mr. Ditta’s Grocery song. Lightin’ would write/record songs for money so long as he was paid upfront and Mr. Ditta contracted him to do just that. I have a copy of the song and he does say the store was located at Bastrop & Hadley. I’m not sure the relation exactly, but my grandfather-in-law, who grew up in the East End, was related to the Ditta’s and supposedly used to work in the store as a kid.