- Officials Confirm Downtown Macy’s Will Close Saturday [Prime Property; previously on Swamplot]
- Houston Airport Systems Planning International Spaceport at Ellington Field [abc13]
- Residential Real Estate Brokerage Firm Redfin Expanding into Houston [Houston Business Journal]
- Capitol Bar Partner: Midtown Area Around Main and McGowen ‘Making a Comeback’ [Culturemap; previously on Swamplot]
- Exxon Mobil Plans Multibillion-Dollar Baytown Plant Expansion [Fuel Fix]
- Following Complaints, TxDOT To ‘Restripe’ Confusing Lanes on Northwest Fwy. near 34th St. [Click2Houston]
- Six Oddities About Downtown Macy’s [Hair Balls]
Photo of Buffalo Bayou: Russell Hancock via Swamplot
Rock on, Exxon-Mobil! All that fracking gas creating more jobs.
Smart move by Exxon and good for them. For those with the expertise to refine heavy oil like the tar sands stuff that will come via the Keystone XL will stand to profit since that type of oil is sold to refiners at a discount.
But at this point and for a decade to come, gas is much, much more discounted per MMBtu than heavy oil. Much, much cheaper raw material + Exxon’s expertise and only slightly higher processing costs and selling refined products on the market for the same price as other refineries = big profits for Exxon.
A delayed coker is what they have built and allows them to refine low grade oil, and oil sands. They buy oil sands for price of West Texas Intermediate minus $25. All of the majors have a delayed coker now, Exxon, Valero, Motiva (shell), Total…