- St. Thomas To Convert HISD Criminal Justice Campus into Sports Facilities, Student Center [HBJ; previously on Swamplot]
- Darling Homes Prepares To Launch Sales for Second Section of Energy Corridor Parkway Terrace [HBJ]
- CBRE: Inner Loop, Energy Corridor, and Areas Around The Woodlands Have the Softest Rents in Houston Right Now [Realty News Report]
- Buffalo Bayou Park Cistern To Open to the Public This Friday [Houston Chronicle; previously on Swamplot]
- Christian’s Tailgate on Washington Ave To Close May 24 as Chain’s Previous Owner Retires [Houston Chronicle]
- Rice Village Nightlife Institution Bronx Bar Has Closed After 18 Years [Culturemap]
- Houston Will Soon Be Home To 3 Different Grilled Cheese Restaurants [Eater Houston]
- Public Health Officials Warn Houston Vulnerable To Spread of Zika with ‘Perfect Storm’ of Poverty, Rain, and World Travelers [The Urban Edge]
- Dead Animals Piled Up Along Spring Branch Creek Following Warehouse Fire Chemical Spill [abc13; previously on Swamplot]
- Opera ‘After the Storm,’ Set During a Galveston Hurricane, To Premiere at the Wortham Center [Houston Public Media]
Photo of Mid Main: Russell Hancock via Swamplot Flickr Pool
The fawning over the abandoned cistern is nauseating. We didn’t just discover the roman catacombs.
The cisterns in Constantinople, oops, Istanbul are much nicer and much much older.