Three categories of the Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate have been introduced so far: Favorite Houston Design ClichÃ©, Best Project Cancellation or Delay, and — earlier today — Best Teardown. The next call for nominations is for the Best Rebranding Effort of 2008.
A new name, a new identity package — maybe even a new address — can do wonders for a property on the down-and-outs. Apartment complexes are perhaps the most obvious targets of complete and partial makeovers in Houston, but rebranding also works its magic on homes, office buildings, shopping centers, neighborhoods, furniture, and careers. A little paint, a little staging, a little extruded polystyrene, a little Yurpean flair, and voilÃ ! Something new and exciting for you!
Which Houston property, place, thing, or person deserves this award for the rebranding efforts visited upon it in the last year? Can you tell us why? Your nominations, again, are requested in the comments section below, or in Swamplot’s inbox. The nomination rules aren’t going anywhere — they’re still here. Whaddya say?
- Your Nominations for Best Teardown of the Year [Swamplot]
- Nominations Now Open: Best Project Cancellation or Delay [Swamplot]
- Your Nominations Please: Favorite Houston Design ClichÃ© [Swamplot]
- The Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate: How To Make a Nomination [Swamplot]
- Swamplot Award Nominations 2008 [Swamplot]