- Post Oak Energy Capital Acquires Office Building in Uptown [Houston Chronicle]
- Thompson Hotels Plans To Open in Allen Pwky. Mixed-Use Highrise Development Around 2020 [HBJ; previously on Swamplot]
- AVERA: It’s Getting Harder To Find Land in Deer Park, Pasadena, and La Porte for Industrial Development [Realty News Report]
- Westchase District Could Support up to 7,000 New Class A Apartment Units [HBJ]
- A First Look at Houston First’s Houston 2200 Plan for Convention Attracing [Bisnow Houston]
- Houston Listings on Airbnb Increased 50% from Oct. 1 to Jan. 1 Ahead of the Super Bowl [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- Metro Planning Shuttle Bus Blitz To Carry Super Bowl Visitors [Houston Chronicle ($)]
- Inside the A.D. Players’ New Theater Opening in the Galleria Area Next Month [HBJ; previously on Swamplot]
- The Rice Box Opening First Standalone Location Jan. 28 in the Heights with ‘Blade Runner’-Inspired Design [Culturemap; previously on Swamplot]
- Greenway Coffee Company Owners Bringing Coffee Shop Prelude Coffee and Tea to 609 Main St. Lobby Later This Month [Culturemap]
- Houston’s Fourth Pluckers Wing Bar Opening in Cypress Next Year [HBJ]
- The Biggest Reasons Why Houstonians Move: Better Homes, Better Neighborhoods, Better Commutes [The Urban Edge]
- Google Maps Time-Lapse Video Shows How Big Houston Has Gotten Over the Past 30 Years [Houston Chronicle]
Photo of the George R. Brown Convention Center: Jesus Jimenez via Swamplot Flickr Pool
When I think of the gritty dystopian futurescape depicted in “Blade Runner”, the Houston Heights immediately comes to mind.
So, uh, will property taxes be collected on this new George Theater?
@brian they are a 501c non profit.
yay exemptions: http://www.hcad.org/pdf/forms/11-18.pdf