- Caldwell Bros. Reveals First Tenants for 65%-Leased Mixed-Use Waterfront Project The Boardwalk at Towne Lake [HBJ]
- Owner of Dallas’s Kessler Theater Under Contract To Buy the Heights Theater [The Leader; previously on Swamplot]
- Unnamed Company Leases 67,504 SF in Boxer Property’s Northwest Commerce Building at 14405 Walters, Will Get Its Name on the Side [Prime Property]
- Kingwood To Add at Least 1,100 New Homes Over the Next Several Years [Houston Chronicle]
- Price Tag on 2115 River Oaks Blvd. Mansion Back on the Market Revealed To Be $17.9M [Culturemap]
- Home Sales in Texas Grew 4.7% Year-Over-Year in the Second Quarter, Finds Texas Quarterly Housing Report [Prime Property]
- Texas Has Also Seen an Influx of Pizza Outlets with Population Growth, According to CBRE Marketflash [Realty News Report]
- Willow Meadows Residents Say City Drainage Project Delaying Their Efforts to Rebuild Post-Memorial Day Floods [Click2Houston]
- Ziegler Cooper Architects Merges with Hall Barnum Lucchesi Architects [Realty News Report]
- Colorado-Based Noodles & Co. Opening First Houston Location at 5174 Richmond Ave. on Aug. 10 [HBJ]
- What Houston Can Do by 2022 To Address the City’s Mobility Challenges [The Urban Edge]
Photo of Lee’s Fried Chicken and Donuts at Heights Blvd. and 6th St.: Brie Kelman via Swamplot inbox
I moved to the East Coast late last year, and sometimes I really miss my Houston (Native).
But that uninspired picture of ‘Chicken and Donuts’ is a sure fire way to rid me of any homesickness.
Regarding the Willow Meadows never ending construction-I’ve seen apartment complexes go up faster! Sad!!
HCAD appraises market value of 2115 River Oaks at 7.3 million.
Adolph, that’s a standard feature of HCAD. The more your home/property is worth the greater the deviation from market value and it applies to nearly everything on the books. Just imagine what kind of mortgage interest deduction you get on a place like this.
@Adolph, but thats the reality pricing, not the over inflated “current market” value…
@joel, are you saying HCAD doesn’t appraise equitably based on market value? What’s mortgage int deduct have to do with it?
@Texmex01, a 150% “current market” inflation?