Take a picture with your memory, then begin creating the future.
Commercial and Community Structures
- Intec Communications, 940 W. 18th St. 77008
- Kennedy Elementary School, 306 Crosstimbers St. 77022 (HISD)
- 3007 Canfield St. 77004
- 6138 Queenswood Ln. 77008 (Timbergrove Manor)
- 2511 Ohsfeldt St. 77008 (Reinerman; photos)
- 5705 Gano St. 77009 (photos)
- 2030 Pasadena St. 77023 (photos)
- 3214 Delia St. 77026 (Angiers; 2 structures)
- 103 Maple Valley Rd. 77056 (Tanglewood)
- 2048 Branard St. 77098 (new construction by Mazz 36)
Photo of 2048 Branard St.: HAR
Oh my GOODNESS they had just finished a total renovation of the Branard house. It was beautiful in the listing photos. What a shame.
The flip-tear-down. Argh.
Ugh, this house is beautiful. Sometimes I really hate Houston
Yes, as I posted yesterday on a different demo story, the backhoe came for the Branard house yesterday and is still crunching on the remains today. Another thousand square feet of old-growth hardwoods that could have been saved and reused but instead will end up in a landfill.
Mazzarino Construction will be building a pair of townhomes here that will likely not fit in with the rest of the block, which is a quirky mix of 1930s bungalows and a few small (7 or 8 units), quiet 1960s complexes. (Okay, the McDuffie end of the block has a townhouse or two.)
Here’s what Mazzarino builds (with pictures):
Here’s what’s coming at Branard (details, but no pictures):
Branard – How does this even make sense? Somebody explain please.
I wonder if they’d sell me the railing.
The Rice Militarization of this side of Montrose is in full swing. I used to live in the rundown apartments located at Branard and Hazard; that 12,000 sq ft lot will soon be redeveloped into 6 townhouses to match the other three corners of the intersection.
Wow. What a beautiful house. Horrible.