This metal-sheathed warehouse at 2032 Karbach St. in the industrial area off Dacoma St. near Dyer Stadium used to be home to craft and imported beer distributor C.R. Goodman. Now a bunch of former Goodman employees have transformed it into the Karbach Brewing Company brewery — which held its inaugural tour over the weekend. Among the commitments of Karbach and its brewer, former Flying Dog CEO Eric Warner: Keeping their 5 craft brews in metal. Karbach beers are available only at area bars and restaurants so far (delivered in kegs by the company’s single delivery truck); starting in January 3 of them should be available for purchase in aluminum cans, too.
More pix here.
- Karbach Brewing delivers [Examiner]
- First sip: It’s never been a better time to be a HouTX beer nerd with Karbach’s beer coup [Culturemap]
- Brewery Visit: Karbach Brewing, Houston, Texas [Lushtastic]
- Ex-Flying Dog chief brings brew skills to Houston [Beer, TX]
- Reserve Your Tour Today! [Karbach Brewing Co.]
Photos: Candace Garcia