On Tuesday we added a couple more categories to this year’s Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate. That means 4 categories are now open for your nominations: Favorite Houston Design Cliché, Best Teardown, Parking Lot of the Year, and Drive-Thru of the Year. Keep those great entries coming for all of them!
The next award category speaks for itself. Well, almost: Walmart of the Year. The big-box retailer was in the news — and featured in many commercial breaks as well — for much of this past year in Houston, planning and opening new locations, managing PR campaigns, and stirring up . . . uh, interest. So. What important qualities does a Walmart have? And what thing or place or idea or concept — or heck, even actual Houston-area Walmart location — deserves the honor of being declared Walmart of the Year?
Yes, this is another brand-new award category for the Swampies, and we’ll obviously need your smart nominations to make it work. Tell us who or what deserves the Walmart of the Year award — in a comment below or in a private message. Consult the official nominating rules if you like. What’s your choice?
- Now Taking Your Orders for Drive-Thru of the Year [Swamplot]
- Your Nominations, Please, for Houston Parking Lot of the Year [Swamplot]
- Best Teardown of 2010: Who Are the Contenders? [Swamplot]
- What Are Your Nominations for Favorite Houston Design Cliché? [Swamplot]
- The Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate 2010: How To Make a Nomination [Swamplot]
- Swamplot Award Nominations 2010 [Swamplot]