Earlier today we introduced a new category for this year’s Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate. There are a total of 3 so far: Favorite Houston Design ClichÃ©, Best Demolition and a newbie:Â the “Where Are They Now?” Award. Now we’ll open up nominations for another category making its debut this year:Â Best Industrial Incident.
Time for someÂ flash and bang! Houston’s lack of zoningÂ and particular economic mish-mashÂ make for some interesting neighbors; sometimes those neighborly relationships heat up, or get a little smelly. What was the bestÂ chemicals-meet-the-cute-little-neighborhood-next-door story this year? Most interesting unintentional send-offÂ by land, sea, or air? Most dramatic accidental fireworks display? Feel free to creatively misinterpret this category — just be sure to sell your vision asÂ you describeÂ your nominee.
To submit your nominations for the official ballot,Â tell us about your top choicesÂ in the comments section below (along with as good a description as you can muster). You can alwaysÂ emailÂ it to us, too —Â just get it in byÂ midnight this Wednesday, December 7. More guidelines can be found here.
- Introducing The Third Swamplot Awards Category: The “Where Are They Now?” Award
- The Second Swamplot Awards Category Is Now Open for Your Nominations: Best Demolition of 2016
- The First Category in the Swamplot Awards, Now Open For Your Nominations: Favorite Houston Design ClichÃ©
- How To Make a Nomination for the 2016 Swamplot Awards for Houston Real Estate
- Swamplot Award Nominations 2016