Swamplot had more than 100 comments from readers this week. Thanks, everybody! Here are a few favorites:
- Pearland Town Center Ready To Open: Pull on Up!
From Brian: “For 1300 a month, you can have the â€œdowntown feelâ€ inâ€¦wait for itâ€¦ downtown!”
- Those Arenâ€™t Live Oaks on Kirby Anymore
From EMME: “Not every street has to be an expressway. Why not leave Shepherd as the expressway for the area and leave Kirby alone as a scenic drive?”
- Neighborhood Guessing Game: Marble Steps
From Chris: “Itâ€™s like the Home Depot ceiling fan section with all the different options, except that you have to walk through the house to see them all.”
- City Shuts Down Gables of Inwood; Park Memorial Condos Next?
From Bernard: “The land under their units is so valuable that brokers are telling them that a land sale to a developer will bring them all a substantial premium over the market value of the units sold to residential users. How do you think they enticed 95% of the condo owners to sell out?”
- Enter the Pipe Wrench: The MainPlace Movie
From Highlander: “I half expected to see Darth Vader choking some generals in that board roomâ€¦”