The drive-thru mall with extras known as Pearland Town Center opens this Wednesday, at the intersection of 288 and FM 518! But it’ll be so much more than just a collection of chain stores arranged neatly in a giant parking lot:
Sixty-two apartments rest on top of retail stores, giving residents a downtown feel without the hassle of daily traffic. Granite countertops complement the kitchen of each unit along with stainless-steel appliances.
The above-retail units will be available for leasing July 30 while another set of 238 freestanding residential units will be accessible in late 2009. One-bedroom apartments will lease for $1,300 per month, and two-bedroom loft apartments will lease for $1,900 per month.
75-percent of the 85-percent-leased mall will be open Wednesday, reports David Kaplan in the Chronicle.
- Pearland Town Center ready for grand opening [Brazosport Facts]
- Macy’s makes its way to Pearland [Houston Chronicle]
- New shopping mecca set to open [abc13]
- Pearland Town Center (with sound)
- Pearlandâ€™s New Drive-Thru Mall [Swamplot]
Plan of Pearland Town Center: CBL & Associates