Whoever owns this warehouse in the East End — he wants to remain anonymous — has donated it for the time being toÂ Historic Houston to house its collection of materials rescued from historic Houston buildings before demolitions turned everything into splinters and twisted metal.
The warehouse is located between Eastwood and Milby at 4300 Harrisburg, right next to the monolithic Maximus Coffee Group plant.Â This Sunday theÂ mural-covered doors will be rolled up for a few hours while the nonprofit rolls out an inventory including windows, light fixtures, flooring, and siding. Founder and executive director Lynn Edmundson tells Swamplot that the group has been looking for a permanent home since early December; it had leased a warehouse and yard at 1307 W. Clay until closing in June 2011.
- Salvage Warehouse Reopens (PDF) [Historic Houston]
- Previously on Swamplot: Fundraising to Reopen Historic Houston’s Salvage Warehouse, Historic Houston Salvage Warehouse Going Out of Business, Selling Everything at Auction, Can Historic Houstonâ€™s Salvage Warehouse Be Salvaged?
Photo: Historic Houston