Katy residents living near a pool supply company got breathtaking views of the spectacular black plumes emanating from the RAM Chemical and Supply warehouse at 4949 Greenhouse Rd. during last weekend’s fire.
But the fun wasn’t entirely over: A separate episode yesterday resulted in a shelter-in-place order for a few hours last night — for downwind neighborhoods east of the Windstone Colony subdivision, stretching from Greenhouse Rd. to Barker Cypress. Fire officials warned of toxic clouds billowing out from a supply of hazardous chemicals still housed in the singed remains of the warehouse.
- Breaking News, Ram Chemical Warehouse Fire! [YouTube]
- RAM Chemical Fire, the Day After [iReport]
- Shelter In Place Order Lifted [Click2Houston]
- Warehouse fire prompts shelter-in-place [abc13]
- Cy-Fair warehouse fire prompts air-quality concerns [Houston Chronicle]
Video: Kevin Neugebauer