Thanks to two helpful readers, we have a solid update on Regent Square, now that the GID Urban Development Group has straightened out that kink in its plans. First comes word of updated drawings, panned in dizzying Ken Burns-worthy passes on the development’s website. And then: more of the scoop!
It’s all waiting for you, after the jump: a report on presentations at last week’s meeting of the North Montrose Civic Association, plus stationary images of the new Regent Square, lovingly stitched together for your at-a-glance perusal by another Swamplot correspondent.
* * *
1) The redesign was due to the high cost of underground parking. By re-aligning the buildings they were able add one parking garage on the Dunlavy side and make the garage on Tirrell a more efficient use of space.
2) The 3-floor building on the SW corner of Dunlavy & W. Dallas will be the leasing center for the apartments and will have the gym, pool, etc up on the roof
3) The first building on the south side of W. Dallas as you come east on W. Dallas (it is between the cemetery and the cul-de-sac turn-around-thingy) will be a 22 story condo tower. Second, the building on the SE corner of Allen Parkway and Tirrell will also be condos, however, they are planning on building the W. Dallas tower first and then the one on Tirrell when market conditions are right, so it (the Allen Pky & Tirrell tower) is not part of phase one.
4) The building at the SW corner of Dunlavy & Allen Pkwy will be an office building and have some sort of LEED certification (as will the condos, but not the apartment buildings). The whole complex has some sort of LEED rating for being mixed-use.
5) The red triangle just north of W. Dallas and west of the W. Dallas & Dunlavy intersection will be a bar.
6) They had originally asked the city to make W. Dallas one lane in either direction, with a shared left-turn lane, but have delayed it for a bit while the city analyzes all the streets over the next few years. Also mentioned further down the road would be a stoplight at Allen Pkwy & Dunlavy
7) The timeline was presented: they’ll start in September with preliminary clearing and site work and start construction in October. They’ll finish the north block in Sept 2010 and the south block around Dec 2010. They think they’ll have to update some of the storm sewers around W. Clay and Dunlavy.
8) The last thing I remember is that the parking will be free (as of now). There will be a valet option, but self-parking will be available but will have to be validated.
If you’re trying to follow along, you can reference the plan shown in this Swamplot post. And here are the new pics:
- Regent Square [GID Urban Development Group]
- The Kink Is Gone: Those Revised Plans for Regent Square [Swamplot]
- Regent Square Developers: Parking Garages Scared Us Straight [Swamplot]
- Going Straight: Regent Square Follows a New Path [Swamplot]