Yelp user Minh L. does his part to clear up all those Washington Ave. rumors. How many new bars are planned there? Really?
1. “The Lot” next to Pearl Bar will be open at 2 pm this Thursday.
3. Owners of Whiskey Creek is opening a bar right next to “Busty La Rue” which is also right next to Pub Fiction new place on Washington. 5102 Washington Houston TX 77007
4. That Gawd awful yellow/stone place your talking about is called “Zen Ultra Lounge”
5. Owner of Pandora is opening another one down the street. Its that purple buidling. DBA is called “Blue Book” don’t think they have a name yet.
6. That really big one is called “Reign Lounge” One of the owners name is Luis. Very nice guy.
7. The old Pig stand is going to be called “Sawyer Sports Bar“
8. “Rare Bar” is opening soon on Durham & Washington
All in all there’s about 16 bars/club so far wanting to open on Washington, but we’ll see how many of them really open. These are all the ones I have time to confrm.
And where exactly does Minh L. get his info?
. . . those aren’t rumors, most of places are our clients, so when they pay good money for a POS System, they’re going to open.
A few corrections from fellow Yelper MOrgan C.:
Zen Ultra Lounge, is renamed The Manor due to sounding too much like Citi-zen across the street.
Reign, is actually O-Reign (look closely at the sign) due to there already being a Reign in NYC or somewhere and they claimed infringement.
- Washington Rumors [Yelp]
Photo of Reign Lounge, 4105 Washington Ave.: Heights Blog